So, as those of you who've followed the Fly Gabe Newell fund news will know, my Left 4 Dead campaign isn't finished. Not close to it, in fact. Currently, though, I think the first two maps are more than well-developed enough to have fun with.


Good, constant feedback is pretty essential for these things. I haven't been getting enough of it. So I've decided to release my unfinished campaign, listen to everyone's feedback, and update it as often as possible.


Please help out by downloading the campaign, playing it with your friends and sending all feedback, positive or negative, in the comments on each news post. I will try to update it as frequently as possible.


Thursday, February 25, 2010

Regrettably Discontinued

Hey folks,

Much as I'd have liked to continue making this campaign, I'm having to discontinue it, largely due to time constraints, stress, Real Life and other projects which are more important to me. I hope to return to it at some point in the future, perhaps as a Left 4 Dead 2 campaign.

I think it's pretty awesome how many of you contributed quality feedback, and would like you to know, if you don't already, that that was awesome. Being able to see how other people play the campaign instantly made creating it more fun, and in turn made it more fun to play with the next version I put out. So as spectacularly as I've failed, for various reasons, to deliver on the whole "release frequently" plan, it's still an awesome way to work, and everybody should do it.

Also, thanks to everyone who said that it was the best custom campaign they'd ever played, even at only two maps. That was a very surprising number of people, and I appreciate it. I have gained confidence from this endeavour.

Thanks for the help, and I shall see ya'll around.

-Joe

1 comment:

  1. Dam I was hoping for some good news :(
    Good luck on your other projects in the future,your campaign was awesome,thanks for sharing it with us!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete